Nat's Culinary Adventures

So here goes.... I am going to try and keep up with this as best I can. For all of you who know me food is my passion, and has been for as long as I believe I have been alive. I think about food all the time, I dream about it!! Have even created recipes in my dreams... its crazy. I hope that for some of you, you will look at my blog and realize that you can in fact do anything as long as you have a good knife, and a desire to create. Bon Appetite:)

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

The Best Oatmeal Cookies ever!!!!

I made these last night and they have to be my absolute favorite oatmeal cookie recipe!! I add a bit of cinnamon and a splash of vanilla and it makes a huge difference. You can add chocolate chips , walnuts or raisins, but honeslty they are so good plain. You can use white all purpose flour but I always use a whole wheat pasty flour and they turn out I think better then with white flour, maybe because they are better for you that way:) . These are good warm with some nice vanilla ice cream......... enjoy:)

1 Cup butter softened ( no margarine!!!!!)
1 Cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tbsp water
1 tbsp vanilla
3 Cups quick oats
1 Cup all purpose flour or whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 Cups raisins, choc chips, nuts, or dried fruit

Preheat oven to 375 F
Cream butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla, water in a large bowl on medium speed of an electric mixer until light and creamy, this takes about 2 minutes.

Combine oats, flour, baking soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture on low speed mixing until blended.
Stir in raisins, chocolate chips, dried fruit, or nuts if you choose.

Drop by tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheet.
Bake at 375 for 8 to 12 minutes or until light golden brown. If you like a softer cookie watch them closely and when they start to brown on the edges pull them out. I like a crunchy cookie and so I just let them get lightly brown all over. Cool 5 minutes on cookie sheet and then remove to a wire rack or parchment paper. This makes about 4 dozen cookies depending on the size .