Nat's Culinary Adventures

So here goes.... I am going to try and keep up with this as best I can. For all of you who know me food is my passion, and has been for as long as I believe I have been alive. I think about food all the time, I dream about it!! Have even created recipes in my dreams... its crazy. I hope that for some of you, you will look at my blog and realize that you can in fact do anything as long as you have a good knife, and a desire to create. Bon Appetite:)

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Asian Noodle Salad

I made this the other day and it was fantastic. I will post the recipe for the shrimp that I put on top of the noodles. If you prefer you can use chicken instead of the shrimp. This makes a lot and honeslty its just as good the second day. The noodles you should be able to find in a larger grocery store, but if you can't find them you might have to go to an Asian market.

1 Pkg of rice vermicelli, soaked until soft in hot water and then drained
Zest and juice of 2 limes
1/4 Cup of Peanut butter
1/4 Cup of orange marmalade
1 tbsp of soy sauce
1/4 tsp of of hot sauce of your choice
2 tbsp of olive oil
3 green onions sliced
1 Cup of cilantro leaves roughly chopped
1 carrot peeled and shredded
1 cup of peanuts

Dressing:
Whisk together the lime zest, and juice, peanut butter, marmalade, soy sauce, hot sauce, and olive oil till smooth. Set aside

Place the noodles, green onions, cilantro and carrot into a salad bowl and then add the dressing. Toss well, and then add the peanuts on top.