Nat's Culinary Adventures

So here goes.... I am going to try and keep up with this as best I can. For all of you who know me food is my passion, and has been for as long as I believe I have been alive. I think about food all the time, I dream about it!! Have even created recipes in my dreams... its crazy. I hope that for some of you, you will look at my blog and realize that you can in fact do anything as long as you have a good knife, and a desire to create. Bon Appetite:)

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Asian Grilled Shrimp

Here is the shrimp recipe that I used with the noodle salad. I grilled them and then put them on top of the noodles. If you want you can use chicken instead of the shrimp, just make sure the chicken is chopped big enough so that you can skewer the pieces. It will cook faster and the marinade will absorb better with the smaller pieces. Its always better to let these sit overnight in the marinade, a much richer flavor!!!!


1 lb shrimp without tails or chicken cubed
1 tsp of sesame oil
1 tbsp of rice wine
1tbsp of soy sauce
1 tbsp of honey
1 tbsp of sesame seeds
2 tsp of five spice powder ( this is an absolute must have in your spice cabinet)
3 garlic cloves, whole, smashed
4 slices of fresh ginger ( this is something that all markets should have but you will for sure find it at the asian market along with the noodles and the 5 spice powder)

Combine all ingredients in a sealable bag and mix well. Leave to marinate at least an hour.

Remove the shrimp and place on skewers and then on to a preheated grill. They will take about 2 min per side. You want them pink and tender. If you dont want to grill them you can cook them in a saute pan.

Place them on the noodle salad and enjoy!!!