Nat's Culinary Adventures

So here goes.... I am going to try and keep up with this as best I can. For all of you who know me food is my passion, and has been for as long as I believe I have been alive. I think about food all the time, I dream about it!! Have even created recipes in my dreams... its crazy. I hope that for some of you, you will look at my blog and realize that you can in fact do anything as long as you have a good knife, and a desire to create. Bon Appetite:)

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Chinese 5 Spice Wings with a Cilantro Dipping Sauce

I love spicy wings and these are spicy!!!! They are a different take on the classic wing. They have a dry rub on them and then they are baked. The sauce is amazing and it compliments the wings very well!!!! You can let these sit overnight if you like, just place them in a zip baggie and then take them out and cook when you like.

Ingredients
40 Chicken wings pieces or 20 whole chicken wings
4 tbsp of Chinese spice powder
6 tsp Cayenne pepper ( now if you like spicy I usually add 2tbsp )
Salt and Pepper

Preheat oven to 500 degrees. If you have the whole chicken wings cut off the wingtips and cut the wings in half at the joint. Discard wingtips. If you have the wing pieces you need not do anything.
Place the wings in a large bowl, sprinkle the 5 spice powder and cayenne on the wings, and a few pinches of salt and some freshly ground black pepper. Rub the mixture into all wings until no more loose rub remains. MAKE SURE AND WASH YOUR HANDS!!!
Line the wing pieces up on a baking sheet so the side of the wing that has the most skin is facing up. Cook about 25 mintues or until cooked through and brown and crispy.


Creamy Cilantro Dipping sauce

Ingredients
1/3 Cup Chopped fresh cilantro leaves
1/4 Cup sour cream
1/4 Cup Mayonnaise
1/4 Cup Yogurt
1/2 lemon Juiced
Salt and pepper

Combine ingredients in mixing bowl. Whisk ingredients together to mix them fully and season with salt and pepper.