Nat's Culinary Adventures

So here goes.... I am going to try and keep up with this as best I can. For all of you who know me food is my passion, and has been for as long as I believe I have been alive. I think about food all the time, I dream about it!! Have even created recipes in my dreams... its crazy. I hope that for some of you, you will look at my blog and realize that you can in fact do anything as long as you have a good knife, and a desire to create. Bon Appetite:)

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Hot Broccoli Dip

This is an easy and simple dip that tastes great with crackers or bread. I like to take a loaf of french bread and slice it really thin and then toast it. These are called crostini and are amazing for dips and cheese. I think you will find that they work really well with this dip.

Ingredients

1 Cup of Broccoli florets chopped fine
2 tbsp chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
1 8 oz pkg of cream cheese softened
1/2 Cup of Mayonnaise
1/2 Cup of Sour Cream
1/2 Cup grated Parmesean cheese
2 garlic cloves chopped or pressed
salt and pepper


Directions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a medium size bowl combine broccoli, onion, and pepper. Add cream cheese, mayo, sour cream, 2 tbsp of the Parmesean cheese, garlic and black pepper. Mix well and put in a small baking dish.

Bake about 20-25 min. or until its hot and bubbly. Remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining parmesean cheese.