Nat's Culinary Adventures

So here goes.... I am going to try and keep up with this as best I can. For all of you who know me food is my passion, and has been for as long as I believe I have been alive. I think about food all the time, I dream about it!! Have even created recipes in my dreams... its crazy. I hope that for some of you, you will look at my blog and realize that you can in fact do anything as long as you have a good knife, and a desire to create. Bon Appetite:)

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Amazing Whole Wheat Pancakes

Some of you have had these at my house and some of you I have given this recipe too. They are amazing, they are by far better then any regular pancake out there. You can use any flavor yogurt and throw in any fresh or thawed frozen fruit. If you want them plain I like to use a vanilla flavored yogurt!!! This past weekend I added peach yogurt, frozen peaches and a bit of cinnamon and they were fantastic. I like to double the recipe and put the leftovers in the fridge for the kids to have during the week.


Ingredients
1 Cup of Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
1 Cup of Milk
1 egg
1 container of yogurt( your choice in flavor)
1 tsp of baking powder
1/2 tsp of baking soda
1 Cup of fresh or thawed frozen fruit of your choice

In a large mixing bowl whisk together the yogurt, milk, and egg. In a seperate bowl sift together the flour, baking powder and baking soda. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and whisk till combined. Then stir in the fruit. Use a griddle or a non stick pan. I use a laddle or something that you get a consistent pour everytime. This way you have them all the same size. They dont take very long to brown so make sure and watch them carefully. These do not bubble like regular pancakes. I love them warm with butter and REAL MAPLE SYRUP!!!! NO IMMITATION PLEASE!!!!!