Nat's Culinary Adventures

So here goes.... I am going to try and keep up with this as best I can. For all of you who know me food is my passion, and has been for as long as I believe I have been alive. I think about food all the time, I dream about it!! Have even created recipes in my dreams... its crazy. I hope that for some of you, you will look at my blog and realize that you can in fact do anything as long as you have a good knife, and a desire to create. Bon Appetite:)

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

A Classic Waffle recipe

This is a basic waffle recipe, once again I use whole wheat pastry flour and I think they turn out great. I love adding the mini chocolate chips to these. MMMMMM

2 Cups Whole wheat or all purpose flour
1 tsp salt
4 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp white sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 Cups warm milk
1/3 Cup butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla
1 pkg of mini chocolate chips if you choose

In a large bowl, mix together flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar. set aside. Preheat waffle iron to desired temperature.
In a seperate bowl beat the eggs. Stir in the milk, butter, and vanilla. Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture beat until blended.
Ladle the batter into a preheated waffle iron. Cook the waffles till golden and crisp. Serve immediately. If you have leftovers they will keep in a zip baggie for a few days. Just make sure they are cool before you put them in the bag.